P375 – PREFLASH COLUMN SIMULATION
- DATE July 7th, 2020
- TAGS Oil&Gas
The project consists of the engineering analysis from the Processes discipline for a preflash column that had been revamped, in order to increase production.
A simulation and analysis of the process was carried out from which it was possible to:
- Characterize the feed crude mix.
- Perform a mass and energy balance centered on the preflash column.
- Verify the hydraulic and thermal performance of the equipment involved.
- Determine the pressure drop in the crude feed line.
- Eliminate the bottom horizontal kettle.
- Place a vertical kettle prior to feeding the tower.
- Modify the tower, increasing its diameter in the upper section.
After the process analysis, and to implement the proposed changes, the following was carried out:
- The stress study in the crude feed line
- The ID for the support of the new vertical kettle.